The joys of the holidays can easily be over shadowed by the stresses of budgeting, gifts, family time and the countless other responsibilities that come along with this time of the year. During this time, it can become far too easy to overlook the true meaning of the holiday season. Here are some tips that can help you stay Happy, Healthy, and Joyful during this great time!!!
1) Plan Ahead
- a. Try to avoid the last minute rush for the gifts. This will help you not to overspend or force you to make purchases that do not have any sentimental value
- b. Create a plan as what stores and how much you will be willing to spend for each person on your list
2) Find the fun
- a. Take a day off to decompress, or even hang out with friends. Do something that is not obligatory
3) Give a little extra
- a. During this, we get so focused on checking everything off our lists, we forget the true meaning of season. Take the time, to participate in some community service or philanthropy that will make you feel GREAT!
4) Make the most of your events
- a. Do some cool floral arrangements
- b. Extra Decorations always go a long way
- c. Dress Up! (If you look good, you feel good)
- d. Create new traditions (Game nights, ugly sweaters)